BetOnline has long been one of the most popular offshore sportsbooks for U.S. bettors. But now that sports betting has been fully legalized in many states, is this option still worth considering? BetOnline’s advantages include a mobile-friendly user interface and strong crypto support, but there are also disadvantages such as limited withdrawal options. Below, we’ll go over everything you need to know about this sports betting platform.
How We Reviewed BetOnline
There are many factors to consider when evaluating a sportsbook operator. In order to come up with our overall score, we reviewed this platform’s sports variety, bonuses, banking methods, user interface, customer support, and security features.
|How we score sports betting sites
|The best sports betting sites offer a wide variety of sporting events and games to bet on. We looked for sports betting sites that consistently have lots of options.
|Bonuses and Promos
|It’s important that bettors understand the terms of the bonuses offered by sports betting sites. We put a premium on sites whose bonuses have clear terms and conditions, and continue to offer promotions after their initial welcome bonus.
|From online banking to cryptocurrency, bettors should be able to make deposits and withdrawals in a way that’s convenient for them. We also factor payout speeds into this rating.
|Making deposits, placing bets, and cashing out should all be easy tasks to accomplish on a sports betting site’s desktop and mobile app. We look for a smooth and engaging user experience.
|Sports betting sites should offer multiple help options to their bettors, whether that’s phone support, live chat, or email support. Bettors deserve to be dealing with a real person when issues with betting arise.
|Security and Safety
|Sports betting sites must be licensed with the appropriate regulators. We look for valid licenses and score sports betting sites on how well they protect their bettors’ data.
|Overall Score: 4.12
Pros and cons
As an offshore sportsbook, one of the main advantages of BetOnline is that it’s available in more states than U.S.-based operators such as FanDuel and BetMGM — but its offshore status also means that your withdrawal options are rather limited. Other key benefits include a mobile-friendly interface and an excellent selection of sports betting markets to choose from.
|What We Like
|What We Don’t Like
|Available in all 50 states
|Limited withdrawal options
|No built-in video player for live sports feeds
|Wide variety of sports and betting types available
All the major sports leagues are available on BetOnline, and you can also find markets for more niche options like handball, darts, and snooker. Overall, you can place wagers on the following sports:
- Aussie Rules Football
- Auto Racing
- Horse Racing
- Martial Arts
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
Live betting information
Like most online sportsbooks, BetOnline allows you to bet on games while they’re in progress. BetOnline even provides you with multiple options for keeping track of the live action — the Scoreboard display simply shows you the stats as they are updated, while the Match Tracker display uses graphics to depict what’s actually happening in the game.
You should be aware that any live bets submitted accidentally will not be refunded. Also, if any obvious line errors are published on the platform, BetOnline will cancel any affected bets at their discretion.
Types of bets available
BetOnline provides you with a wide range of options for betting on sports, including:
- Spread: Most games feature a favorite and an underdog rather than two equal opponents. In this type of bet, the favorite will need to win by a certain margin (the spread) set by oddsmakers in order for you to win a bet that was placed on them. Conversely, even if the underdog loses the game, you would win a bet that was placed on them as long as they lost by fewer points than the spread.
- Moneyline: The margin of victory doesn’t matter at all in this type of wager — if the team you bet on wins the game, you win the bet. The catch is that if you bet on the favorite, you won’t get much of a payout. But if you placed a moneyline bet on the underdog, you could end up winning much more than the amount you risked on the wager.
- Over/Under: Rather than betting on which team will win the game, over/under bets (also known as totals) involve betting on how many points will be scored in the game.
- Props: You can also wager on individual events that happen within the game rather than the final outcome. For example, you could place a prop bet on a football player rushing for at least 100 yards in a game. Whether or not their team actually wins the game, you’ll win your bet as long as they hit 100 yards.
- Parlay: A parlay bet involves combining multiple bets into a single wager. Each selection in your parlay will need to be accurate in order for you to win anything, which makes this a relatively risky type of wager. But to compensate for these long odds, parlays also offer the potential for huge payouts.
- Teaser: A teaser is a particular variety of parlays — in this type of bet, sportsbooks allow you to adjust the point spread and over/under figures in your selections in order to give yourself more favorable odds. While this makes your parlays less risky, it will also reduce your potential payout.
Sports betting limits
The minimum wager amount for a sporting event on BetOnline is $1. The maximum limits depend on the sport and betting type — they range from $500 all the way up to $50,000. It’s also worth noting that these limits are reset for users every time the odds change.
Bonuses and Promotions
BetOnline offers deposit bonuses to both new and existing users, and you can earn money for referring people to this platform as well:
50% Sports Welcome Bonus. BetOnline will match 50% of your initial deposit for up to $1,000.
25% Sports Reload Bonus. You don’t need to be a new user to take advantage of deposit bonuses on this platform — BetOnline will also match 25% of your subsequent deposits. You must deposit at least $50 to qualify for this promotion, which is capped at $250.
200% Refer a Friend. For each person you refer to BetOnline, you’ll receive 200% of their initial deposit. The person you referred must deposit at least $25 to activate this promotion, and the bonus is capped at $200 for each referral.
BetOnline Banking Options
BetOnline is an excellent option for bettors who plan to make deposits and withdrawals using crypto. You’ll find that your traditional banking options are somewhat limited, though.
|Avalanche, Binance, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Shiba Inu, Solana, Stellar
|Chainlink, Tether, USD Coin
|Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Visa
|Person to Person
|Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, USD Coin
|Within 48 hours
|Person to Person
|Within 5 business days
|Within 7 business days
|Within 15 business days
|Check by Courier
|Within 7 business days
BetOnline allows you to toggle between their classic design and a more polished interface that was developed more recently. But even the redesign isn’t as sleek as newer online sportsbooks like FanDuel and DraftKings, and it’s missing advanced features such as built-in video feeds of live sporting events.
This platform does deserve some credit for being mobile-friendly by default. You don’t need to go through the trouble of downloading a separate app — just navigate to BetOnline through your mobile browser and you’ll be able to easily access all the same features available in the desktop version.
You can call BetOnline anytime at 1-888-426-3661. In addition to 24/7 phone support, BetOnline also offers live chat and email options for customer service.
Security and Safety
BetOnline allows you to enable two-factor authentication for logging into your account, which will make your personal information stored on the platform much more secure. Also, if you feel like you have a problem with gambling and need to quit or at least take a break, you can contact BetOnline to have them either temporarily or permanently freeze your account.
States Where BetOnline Is Available
BetOnline accepts bettors from all 50 states. But as we’ll cover below, this sportsbook currently operates in a sort of legal gray area.