MyBookie offers advantages such as a user-friendly interface and strong security, and it’s available in nearly every state. But unless you don’t mind dealing with crypto, it’ll take at least a week to get any of your winnings paid out. Below, we’ll review everything else you need to know about the pros and cons of using this particular online sportsbook.
How We Reviewed MyBookie
There are many factors to consider when evaluating a sportsbook operator. In order to come up with our overall score, we reviewed this platform’s sports variety, bonuses, banking methods, user interface, customer support, and security features.
|How we score sports betting sites|
|Sports Variety||The best sports betting sites offer a wide variety of sporting events and games to bet on. We looked for sports betting sites that consistently have lots of options.||Score: 4.9|
|Bonuses and Promos||It’s important that bettors understand the terms of the bonuses offered by sports betting sites. We put a premium on sites whose bonuses have clear terms and conditions, and continue to offer promotions after their initial welcome bonus.||Score: 4.6|
|Banking Methods||From online banking to cryptocurrency, bettors should be able to make deposits and withdrawals in a way that’s convenient for them. We also factor payout speeds into this rating.||Score: 3|
|User Interface||Making deposits, placing bets, and cashing out should all be easy tasks to accomplish on a sports betting site’s desktop and mobile app. We look for a smooth and engaging user experience.||Score: 4.2|
|Customer Support||Sports betting sites should offer multiple help options to their bettors, whether that’s phone support, live chat, or email support. Bettors deserve to be dealing with a real person when issues with betting arise.||Score: 4.2|
|Security and Safety||Sports betting sites must be licensed with the appropriate regulators. We look for valid licenses and score sports betting sites on how well they protect their bettors’ data.||Score: 3.5|
|Overall Score: 4.07
Pros and cons
MyBookie is an offshore sportsbook, which means it’s available in most states but has limited withdrawal options for U.S. bettors. In addition to availability, MyBookie’s other significant advantages include a wide variety of sports betting markets and strong security features such as 256-bit encryption and two-factor authentication.
|What We Like||What We Don’t Like|
|Available in almost every state||Limited options for making withdrawals|
|Wide variety of sports betting markets|
MyBookie’s selection of sports is particularly strong — in addition to the most popular leagues like the NFL and NBA, they also offer sports you won’t find on many other sportsbooks, such as surfing, volleyball, and wrestling. Their total list of available betting markets includes the following sports:
- Aussie Rules Football
- Horse Racing
- Motor Sports
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA Football
Live betting information
MyBookie also offers live betting, which allows you to place wagers on games while they are in progress. This fast-paced type of betting can get a little messy, though, especially in high-scoring games like basketball. If you don’t place your wager on a particular live bet fast enough, the odds may change before you get a chance to lock it in.
To prevent your live bets from being blocked due to shifting odds, MyBookie does give you an option to “auto-accept changes.” With this feature enabled, your bet will go through, no matter what, using the most recent odds. But these odds may end up being quite different than what was displayed on your end when you placed the bet, so you need to be careful with this feature.
Types of bets available
You’ll find there are many different ways to bet on sports on MyBookie, including:
- Spread: The point spread is the margin of victory the favorite needs to win by in order for you to win a bet that was placed on them. And even if the underdog loses, you would win a bet that was placed on that team as long as they lost by fewer points than the spread.
- Moneyline: Margin of victory doesn’t matter in this type of wager — if the team you placed a moneyline bet on wins the game, you win your bet. But betting on the favorite only offers relatively small payouts, while you could multiply the amount you wagered many times over by betting on the underdog.
- Total: With this type of wager, which is also known as an over/under, you’re betting on the total number of points that will be scored in a game rather than which team will win.
- Player Prop: Prop bets involve betting on events that aren’t tied to the final outcome of the game. For example, player props allow you to bet on individual player performance — if you bet that a soccer player will score at least one goal and that ends up happening, you’ll win your bet no matter which team actually wins.
- Game Prop: You can also place prop bets on outcomes that aren’t based on player performance, such as which team will have the lead at halftime or whether the game will go into overtime.
- Parlay: This type of wager involves combining multiple selections into a single bet. If a single selection in your parlay is inaccurate, then you won’t win anything. The odds aren’t in your favor, but the appeal to parlays is that they offer the potential for massive payouts without requiring you to risk much on your wager.
Sports betting limits
The minimum amount you can wager on sports on this platform is $2. The maximum wager amount for most types of bets is $2,000, with the exception of prop bets being capped at $250.
Bonuses and Promotions
In order to attract new users and keep their existing users active, MyBookie offers several bonuses and promotions:
50% Sports Welcome Bonus. MyBookie provides new customers with a bonus that matches 50% of their initial deposit — this promotion is capped at $1,000.
25% Sports Reload Bonus. Even after your initial deposit, MyBookie will continue to provide you with a 25% matching bonus for additional funds that you add to your account — this promotion is capped at $500.
200% Refer a Friend. Depending on the size of their initial deposit, you can earn up to $200 for each person you refer to MyBookie.
MyBookie Banking Options
As an offshore sportsbook, MyBookie offers relatively limited payout options. It should be noted that they do support the most popular cryptocurrencies, though.
|Depositing Method||Minimum Limit||Maximum Limit|
|Person to Person||$100||$500|
|Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple||$20||Varies by customer|
|Bitcoin||3 business days|
|Wire Transfer||7 business days|
|E-check||12 to 15 business days|
Overall, the design of MyBookie’s interface is clean and easy to navigate. There are even some advanced features such as built-in news feeds for individual sports pages.
MyBookie also stands out as an excellent option for mobile users, as their site is fully responsive. There’s no need to download a separate app to access this platform on a smartphone or tablet — by simply entering the URL into your mobile browser, you’ll be able to easily access all the same features available on the desktop version of MyBookie.
MyBookie offers email and live chat options for customer support. But rather than contacting MyBookie, you may be able to find an answer to your question faster by referring to the support materials in their extensive knowledge base.
Security and Safety
MyBookie has especially strong security features. All transactions are protected by 256-bit encryption and secure socket layer (SSL) technology. They also require users to set up two-factor authentication for their accounts, which helps prevent unauthorized access.
States Where MyBookie Is Available
MyBookie offers much more availability than U.S.-based operators such as FanDuel and BetMGM. Bettors from every state except Nevada, New York, and New Jersey can use this sportsbook.